About the Candidate
My political career began as a candidate for Canton School Board in 2001. This is how I got to where I am today:
- Lived in Minnehaha County until I moved to rural Canton in 1987
- Married to Darcy for 23 wonderful years
- 3 Sons (and 2 Daughters-in-law) Jason and Daneen Gannon, Todd and Shari Gannon, and Jordan Jensen
- 5 Gandchildren, Dayton Keyman, Grace, Jewel and Cain Gannon, and Aiden Gannon, son of Todd and Shari.
- Educated in South Dakota
- Currently enrolled at Sioux Falls Seminary in the Master of Divinity Program
- Computer Science Degree from South East
- Studied Project Management at Villinova
- Developed political interest during the 1970s
- Worked Directly with Legislators on several Bills in 2012 Sesion
- Politically active on the Canton School Board, 12 years
- 17 years as Regional IT Coordinator
- Formerly Certified Law Enforcement Officer (Volunteer in Minnehaha and oficer in Hudson)
- Owner IT Consulting company for 6 years
- Co-owner/CFO Prairie View Prevention Services past 13 years.
- Private Pilot
If you have more questions regarding my political aspirations , please contact me at 605 366-6947 or email me at email@example.com.
My Private Life
My political views are inseparable from my private life. I grew up with the support of two loving parents in a family of four, and was always taught that achievement requires hard work and
dedication. These are lessons I take with me in all walks of life.
As a politician, I want to strengthen the family values that provided me with such a rich childhood experience. Family-oriented policies and a strong school system are the keys to success in this area. I have pursued this philosophy through the nonprofit arena for years and look forward to doing more as your elected official.
Believe it or not, I also used to be a member in a local rock band. That was a long time ago, but I continue to play guitar and lead worship music at my church. I have always considered myself to be a Christian, but when I started attending the River of Life Church everything changed for me. Then I was elected to a position of Deacon in and I felt an even deeper commitment to God and felt the need to help my community in more meaningful ways.
Government is NOT the answer - often times it is the problem. The answer lies within us. If we all do something to help someone in need we would not need Federal mandates. When the Federal Govermnet offers to help, there is always a price to pay. Nothing comes from Washington out of the goodness of their hearts.
Email, Call or visit Facebook - go to jensenforhouse
In an effort to give a voice to your concerns, I have expanded to several media sources. You can also follow me on twitter @RepJensen
All campaign news